Quick & Healthy Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
Posted: Oct 24 2016
Hi and welcome back! It's Grace again, excited to share more about myself & my life on the SparkFire blog. Today’s blog is about my favorite food, PIZZA! Pizza is my comfort food, a nice slice of cheese pizza after a long day at school is my dream. However, If you know anything about pizza, you know that it’s most likely not very healthy for you. So, my friends and I decided to make our own HEALTHY pizza from scratch and they were delicious! Here’s how we did it:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ 6oz package of goat cheese
- 1T olive oil
- ¼ t of minced garlic
- ½ t of oregano
- 2 eggs
- Cut or break off the cauliflower into florets and put it in a food processor.
- Once processed into a fine material, wrap in a paper towel (a bundle shape) and squeeze out excess water.
- Place cauliflower back into food processor and combine with goat cheese, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and the eggs and blend until a dough is formed.
- Roll out dough into your desired shape onto a pan covered with parchment paper and bake in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Take crust out of the oven and add toppings. (For my toppings I used marinara sauce, arugula, goat cheese, and a fried egg.)
- Place the toppings (excluding the egg) on the pizza and then put it back into the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- For the fried egg, put 1T of olive oil into a skillet.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and slowly pour onto skilled keeping yolk intact.
- Cover with a lid until your egg is cooked to your preference. (My yolk was runny.)
Tada! That’s all there is to it! This pizza is amazing and is good for you too! Now go out and try to make your own healthy pizza!